PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

TSzczy
31-03-2007, 11:58
I have no idea what i want to do after i finish school at the end of the yr.

I love the country and dont want to work or live in the city

Does anyone have any ideas of what i could do?

Stace
31-03-2007, 12:09
It was end of year 11 before i decided what i wanted to do, i just chose one of the things i enjoyed most, and aimed to get a career in that. i love the ocean and diving so i aimed to get into uni and study marine science. job prospects arnt great but they're getting better and its something i love. one thing i did do is deffer my studies for a year and got a job with a builder, something completly diferent just to give me a break.
Its hard for anyone to tell ya what to do when you leave but i found our careers advisors at school did help, the main thing is to work out if you want to go onto tertiary education or join the workforce.

Matt_91
31-03-2007, 14:06
i agree with stace it all depends if ya wanna keep studying or go to work, i am in sort of the same position as you except i am in year 10, i have made the decision to leave at the end of the year work for a year out on the farms just to save some money and get a new ute and the following year i plan to study agriculture at gatton university and then do another degree in animal production or animal welfare, thats definitely something to consider doing or if ya wanna go straight to work you should consider working as a jilaroo or something else in that industry

Hope this helps

cheers matty